With over 1000 strategies and tactics coming to light daily, content marketers need to find the balance between giving out information and promoting a brand message efficiently, accurately and in an authentic, engaging way to drive sales. Let’s take a look at the key content marketing statistics that will drive the rest of 2020.
1. Storytelling through videos reigns supreme in content strategy, overtaking blogs and infographics (HubSpot, 2020).
2. 72% of people prefer video content over text when learning about a service or product (Smart Insights).
3. 56% of people in the age group of 25 to 34 years prefer video content from companies they support.
4. Though promotional and brand storytelling videos are common video types created by marketers, live videos are becoming the need of the hour. Live videos are script-agnostic and real-time in their interaction. Live video is also the third most-used social media marketing tactic (HubSpot, 2020).
5. Versatile, convenient, on-the-go, and informative, podcasts suit the hustle-bustle modern lifestyle. People are informed while taking walks, driving, or working out. According to PWC the podcast listener base in India grew to 40 million in 2018, a 58% rise from 2017. It is also interesting to note that Indian language internet users are set to reach 536 million people by 2021 according to KPMG.
6. Presently the third largest market for spoken-word audio, most Indians listen to podcasts on their phone, and a vernacular podcast might just have a bigger chance for success than English podcasts.
7. 43% of people admit that they skim through blog posts. (HubSpot, 2018) This means they seek snippets of information. Data and facts in easy-to search and understand formats improve customer trust which drive total sales.
8. Listicles are found to be the most popular blog post formats among business blogs (Responsive Inbound Marketing, 2019).
Reviews and Recommendations
9. We tend to remember the negative, more than the positive. Or so Esteban Kolsky found. 72% of customers will share a positive experience with 6 or more people. But 13% of them will share a negative experience with 15 or more people.
10. 70% consumers also trust online peer reviews and recommendations more than professional content and copy.
11. Statista (2019) found that 90% of mobile users find content personalisation very effective and email is the number 1 channel used for personilisation by marketers.
12. Infact, 49% of buyers made impulsive purchases after receiving a more personalised experience.
13. Marketing to 3 audiences at a time is said to be the standard best practice (Hubspot, 2020).
Website design and content
14. Statistics show that 38% of people stop engaging with a website if the content or layout is poor.
Social Media for customer service
15. 78% of customers have a firm belief that social media is the future of customer service.